Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Wanna Be Formal, But I'm Here to Party, Too*

*Business on the top, party on the bottom! 


Yesterday I was in a rush to get out the door. All I knew was that I was going to be wearing jeans because my dress pants were dirty and also because well... you know... 
Technically I don't think I'm supposed to be wearing jeans when teaching so I figured I'd wear a blazer to look more professorial. And then a blouse, too because it always seems to be so warm in the classrooms and if I had to take off that professorial blazer, I didn't want to look like one of the students. Basically, I figure if everything else about my outfit gave me the appearance of being well-dressed, maybe no one will noticed I was actually wearing jeans.  

I didn't even mean to plan it this way, but apparently this blazer just loves hot pink.  I grabbed this blouse to wear with jeans because I know it looks luxe. A friend with (expensive) great taste gave it to me during a clothing swap. It's made of beautiful, light-weight material (had to wear my beloved cami underneath it) and the color is off the charts. The only problem is, it's a little boxy and I always forget about that. I think next time I'm going to either tie it at the belt-line or tuck it in. 

Lately, I've been pretty lazy when it comes to make-up. Clean skin, bronzer, mascara and lipstick and that's it. But this day I put a little bit more effort into it and dang, now I remember. THAT'S why folks love make-up so much. It makes ya look pretty darn good! I'm also trying something new with my eyebrows. I can't tell if I like it or not yet. What do y'all think? (Or do you even notice?) 








A pair of my favorite earrings! They're cupcakes! 

Blazer: American Eagle Outfitters | Shirt: Clothing Swap | Jeans: Cello | Shoes: Goodwill | Necklace: Flea Market | Watch: Citizen | Earrings: Naughty Cat | Ring: Clothing Swap 

4 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! There is something classic about a blazer, jeans, and a splash of color. Also, I am digging the messy bun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, ahh yes. It is that time of year, isn't it? I, too, am guilty of not shaving all that often in the winter. Luckily, my partner isn't shallow so it's cool. ^_^

    Fantastic blazer, by the way! I think I've seen you wear it in previous posts. I love it!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very good
    http://meleginhediyeleri.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1