Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blurred Lines

I got this French Connection dress that retails around $100 for $10 the other day! Winning! A backpacker's cafe was having a little flea market of sorts, so of course I had to check it out "for the blog" (my #1 excuse for my shopping addiction).  It looked like it originally came with a belt but I loved it for its effortless casual nature. Even though belts are my go-to, I forced myself to steer clear and embrace the shift dress silhouette. I felt like this was almost too tame a look for me so I really wanted to add a bunch of silver and black modern accessories. I felt very Lacey Maffettone-ish in this outfit. 

One of my favorite things about this dress is that even though it's thicker material with longer sleeves, I wasn't dying of heat stroke it in. Cotton really is the ultimate when it comes to humidity; this dress is so comfortable and breathes so well. Speaking of humidity, it's been so amusing to me reading all my other favorite blogs. I didn't realize until getting to Singapore that most fashion blogger copy is about the weather. Lol. And if you wanna know about what season it is where they are, ask a fashion blogger. The weather and seasons are a big component when deciding what to wear but once you take that out of the equation… Every day for me is hot and muggy. And maybe rainy! 






Dress: Asos (similar) | Shoes: Target | Necklace: Marshalls | Rings: | Lovisa | Sunglasses: Bugis 

1 comment:

  1. Simple and chic <3 Love it!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1