Tuesday, August 18, 2015

How to Make a Blue & White Outfit Look Fresh



I've said it before and I say it again: I. Love. These. Shorts. It's such a struggle to find shorts and then to find polka dot ones that fit like a dream - this is a real unicorn here, folks. Last time, I wore a red white and blue outfit but this time I wanted to switch it up and breath some freshness into the tried & true combo of blue and white. So pops of pink! This simple and easy color combo feels so new and fun! It also doesn't hurt to mix 2 simple prints: stripes and polka dots #FTW.  

I've also worn this peplum top here tucked into a midi but I resisted the urge for this outfit. As a pear shape, I've always been a little hesitant to wear more fabric on my hips but I've seen many bloggers embrace it and rock it. Color Me Courtney (one of my favorites!) rocks the peplum well. 

Another little surprise factor of this outfit is my beloved watermelon purse (also worn to the beach here). Everyone went gaga for fruits this summer and rightly so! I kinda feel like a little girl again wearing this purse, especially when putting my heart-shaped sunglasses in it and then the only thing in my purse is my wallet, a mirror and lipstick. It's like playing dress-up all over again! 

I wore this outfit on date night and we had the loveliest time. We walked through Chinese Gardens to take these photos (and the sun kept playing hide & seek, driving me crazy trying to get continuity with the photos!). We also played the how-many-monitor-lizards-do-you-spy game. Spoiler Alert: Stephen always wins. I have no idea how he can spot these lizards camouflaged so well! It doesn't help my cause that these suckers are SO BIG. Then we finally tried the hot pot restaurant that's been on our list forever. It was soooo good and we ate so so so so so much beef. We also made friends with the owners who were so incredibly sweet. Great outfit, great night in my opinion! 

What was on your last date night's itinerary? Have you discovered an quick, easy way to freshen up an outfit? 







Shorts, Top & Shoes: Thrifted | Purse: Abaday | Earrings & Sunglasses: Bugis Market | Bracelet: Lovisa 

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute bag! I love the food theme you've got going with your earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable - and I can't get over how perfectly your bag matches your sunnies. Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely bag! Cute outfit

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that I really enjoy your blog and you have the freaking cutest style. I know how it is with losing the inspiration to blog, and I know the States don't seem exotic after living abroad, but we miss you. :0) Come back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The varying patterns - polka dot and stripes and the fabrics are so cute. Great outfit. Thanks for sharing!

    City Style and Living The Editors Notebook | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so absorbing. However, the photos you have share is amazing.
    photo retouching service

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute bag! I love the food theme you've got going with your earrings too!

    burlap pillow cover diy
    accent pillow case
    accent pillow case

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1