Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Festival Ready

In my heart, I have been preparing for festivals. I was all over everyone's blogs for SXSW and every link that mentions Coachella and festival fashion, I gotta click it. Sadly, in reality there will be no music festivals for me here in Singapore. But that doesn't mean I can't dress up for the one that's in my head! 

I went to Australia last week and had a blast! Caught up with a good friend, ate deliciiious food, swam with dolphins, lazed around at extraordinary beaches and of course, saw kangaroos! Photos to come soon. I can't help but admit though, one of the highlights of my trip was going to the Salvation Army (Salvo as they call it; Aussies always have to shorten words!) The shopping was cheap but best of all - all the beautiful things FIT me! I wasn't in tiny-size Asia anymore. Australian style is what I call "beach aware". The citizens of Perth always looked put together, stylish and trendy without trying to hard - but as if I spontaneously yelled out, "We're going to the beach!", they would without question throw off their professional heels and dive in the water. Who doesn't want to be that girl? 

I got this skirt at Salvo and fell in love. As you know, white is the trend du jour that's not going anywhere. It has that granny bohemian feel with the tiered-lace detail and tiny peach flower print. If I was back home, I would rock this with cowboy boots hard, flower crown on my head and a beer in my hand.

My talented friend Sara of Sara in Singapore took these beautiful photos.  Being in Singapore and having Sara as a friend has made me realize how important it is to surround yourself with like-minded people, especially if you are creative. I start feeling myself get grumpy and restless, fed up with my blog and too many ideas just bouncing around in my head. Then I have one conversation with Sara and I feel re-energized and inspired. Make sure you check out her darling and clever calligraphy Instagram also!

What are you/would you wear to upcoming music festivals? 
What's inspiring you lately? 










Skirt: Salvation Army | Tank Top: Cotton On | Sandals: Rack Room Shoes
Instagram | Bloglovin | Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I think I may have stumbled upon your blog via Modcloth, and I'm SO glad I did. I feel like you're a kindred spirit. I love your conversational writing style, and your fashion sense is adorable without being annoyingly over the top! It's really nice to see someone like me living in Asia and so well adapted. I'm leaving the States for the first time at the end of this summer- to MOVE- to BANGKOK! And I'm equal parts excited and nervous. Thanks so much for letting us come along with you on your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1