Friday, February 14, 2014

♥ Dino Darlings: Valentine's Day ♥


We knew Friday was going to be super busy for us, so my boyfriend and I decided to have a day date on Wednesday. It was the most imperfect perfect day. I had this ugly cut on the back of my foot so I couldn't wear my cute new heels that would have been magnificent with this outfit. My hair was falling out halfway because of mega winds, and my camera battery died on me (these are all shot with my phone). But tiny things!  We had so much fun going into the city and seeing the Dinosaurs: Dawn to Extinction exhibit at the ArtScience Museum in Marina Bay Sands. 

Marina Bay is very quickly becoming my favorite area in Singapore. The skyline is stunning, it has the Gardens by the Bay on one side, the ferris wheel off in the distant, the parliament building in front of you, the architecture of the ArtScience Museum and huge bridges that allow you to take the whole scene in, and of course, the bay.  It's exciting to only be an hour and $1.50 subway ride away from it all. We had lunch outside by the museum to take in the view. 

The dinosaur exhibit was also pretty stellar. I'm not super huge on dinosaurs but Stephen loves science. His curiosity and excitement was infectious. And the exhibit itself was well done; it was more like an experience than just looking at old bones. They had a soundtrack of mosquitos and wind and rawrs playing in the background and mist coming down from the ceiling - created this creepy feel in the jungle. Fantastic stuff! 

And let's talk about this dress, shall we? How perfect is it for a Valentine's date?! I had been eyeing it from Modcloth for a while and eventually I just had to have it. And no regrets whatsoever. It fits like a dream and then to be able to wear it with my red cat eye sunglasses, my strawberry necklace and style my hair in a pompadour; I honestly had too much fun! 

But the best part of the day was being to spend time with my Valentine. We've been so busy trying to settle into our new lives and he has to do graduate work on top of that so we don't get to spend a lot of quality time. It truly was the perfect day. 

What's your plans for Valentine's? Hope you have a cherry-cheery one! 


















Dress: Modcloth | Sunglasses: Modcloth | Cat Watch: Eunhang Underground | Bangle: Vintage | Purse: Goodwill | Necklace: Gift  

6 comments:

  1. You look so adorable! That dress is perfect on you and looks like you had a fun day!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic in that dress! The print is super cute! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest dress/glasses combo ever!! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are wonderful! you look like a beautiful time-traveller; right out of the 50s.

    thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I'll be following yours from now on. :)

    bedroomocean.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is fabulous on you!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How completely fab is this date!! i love dinosaurs, and this dress (which too picked up in the modcloth valenetines day discount!) it fits like a glove doesn't it?? you look smashing in it!! xxx Rebecca

    www.thecinnamonslipper.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1