Thursday, December 26, 2013

Mod Babe


From the Archives: 
Things have been crazy over here so I haven't been able to post as much as I would like. However, here's a style post from a little while back that I'd like you to take a look at! 

I got this houndstooth mod-inspired sweater dress at a clothing swap from my black-wearing-fashion-guru-friend, Sasha.  I normally stay away from this kind of silhouette - the drop waist mod shift dress because it doesn't flatter the pear-shaped lady very well. It makes the smallest part of my body look larger than it actually is, usually. However, this length is really short and it almost skims in the middle just a smidge - just enough to flatter but still read "mod". And I couldn't resist not going along with the whole 1960's theme - I love a good theme - with the big flowers and red cateye sunglasses. To keep the whole look nice and winter cosy I added my knit hat with the faux fur ball in the back. And what mod outfit isn't complete without some go-go boots?! (Okay, wrong color but I can pretend). I really wanted to add some thick black eye lashes via Twiggy but there wasn't enough time when I took the photos. :( Next time! 







Hat & Sweater Dress: Clothing Swap | Sunglasses: Target | Boots: DSW 

2 comments:

  1. I love houndstooth on you! <3 The bright color contrast with the flowers is so perfect! Beautiful photos!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look sweet! Love your hat :D <3

    www.punkheartspink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1