Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sequins, Stripes, and Shadows (Black and White)


Lately I'm so obsessed with black-and-white outfits. You just can't go wrong with it. You would have to try really, really hard not create a great look. It's chic, classic yet trendy, bold but not too loud. People tell me that only I can pull off some of the color combos I do (not true) but I can understand their hesitation. Well, then the black and white look is for you! And chances are, you already have what you need in your closet! 

For this outfit, I choose two of my most beloved pieces. This sequin top I bought at a thrift store years ago - either before sequins were really huge or I felt bold enough to wear it. I'm glad I went with my gut and kept it all these years - it has so much potential! One problem with it though is that while it's a tank top technically, it's made out of this thick sweater-like knit so it's hot and scratchy. Now that it's getting cooler, I can comfortably wear it with another cotton tank top underneath. The skirt is another thing I was instantly attracted to. It's such a playful yet daring little skirt. It's great because the stripes are placed meticulously to flatter my figure and on top of it all, there are pockets! 

What is your best black and white look? Tell me about it! Or better yet, SHOW ME! Send me an email at lindseydish@ymail.com with a photo attached, a short description of your look and your name. I'll feature the best looks in my blog. 

Shhh... don't tell but these are actually two different charms I've collected over the years. 

Top: Goodwill | Skirt: Korean Thrift Store | Shoes: Chinese Laundry (Goodwill) | Earrings: Handmade by me, Lindsey Dish! | Watch: Citizen Eco-drive | Belt: Thrift Store | Sunglasses: Eunhang Underground

What's Black, White and Fashionable All Over? 




3 comments:

  1. The sequins make this so much better! Love the flashiness!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey...thanks for featuring my look and your comment on my blog.

    I love how you paired your stripes with glam sequins and leopard print. It's very sophisticated - will borrow this idea for when wearing stripes.

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, dude! I didn't even see this! Thanks so much! You're so sweet! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1