Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sweater Weather Begins (Warm Knits, Cool Camis, and $10 Purses)


The inspiration for today's outfit came from Megan of Briar Rose. I loved how she paired a loose-fitting sweater with an A-line skirt. I wouldn't have even though to put these two things together because they don't show off my waist. But somehow it works - the shortness of the skirt balances out the fullness. You can't tell in the pictures but the sweater also has great movement so when I move you can tell there's a person inside it and not a blob. When I found out the weather was going to be 60°F (15°C), I instantly knew I wanted to wear this loose-knit sweater I got from a friend leaving the country. It has that fall, cozy look & feel to it without being too hot. I paired it with one of my favorite trends this fall - plaid. 

Underneath the sweater, I have a camisole. But you can't see it, right? Exaaactly. I bought a camisole that matched my skin tone last year and now I can't believe I went 25+ years without one! (I was most likely a very fashionable baby and probably needed one, I tell you.) I think I literally wear it once a week and am scrounging around in the dirty clothes looking for it all the time. If you don't have one - GET ONE. Mine is this beautiful silk material that feels and fits like a dream and it has adjustable straps. A decent skin-colored camisole is one of those staples that gets over-looked but is always handy. 

One other lil tidbit about this outfit is this adorable purple purse. In Korea, they have these stores we call "man-won shops"; man-won meaning $10 in Korean. They sell all different kinds of bags and they're ALL TEN DOLLARS. It's hard to pass one by without peeking inside. Being that I have a soft spot for things that are purple, lizard-texture and with bows, I naturally felt this bag was made for me. The best part: you can change the length of the chain strap! 










 Sweater: Armani Exchange (Clothing Swap) | Skirt: Forever 21 (Goodwill) | Shoes: Korean Thrift Store | Hat: Clothing Swap | Necklace, Earrings, Ring, Bracelet: Gift | Purse: Eunhang Underground 

1 comment:

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1