Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Favorite New Thing and I Don't Know What To Call It

This jacket, duster, long vest, thing is amazing. When I pulled it off the rack in the thrift store I was pleading, please let this fit me and my anglican arms… (Asians are typically so petite!) I've found other extraordinary pieces in Singapore thrift stores but many of them do not fit. It's particularly exciting thrift store shopping in Singapore because you might find a traditional piece from India, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Japan… 

The fabric alone caught my eye; it's a beautiful raw silk where you can see different color threads interwoven together to  create beautiful texture and dimension. And then the silhouette! It's like nothing I've ever seen. If someone know what it is, please tell me! It reminds me of a cross between an ao dai (traditional Vietnamese outfit) or a cheongsam/qipao (traditional Chinese dress) but I've never seen either of those quite like this. It's such a unique piece and I've been wearing it nonstop so many different ways. I can't wait to show you the other styles! 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1